Last Updated: 24th October 2016
What our warranty covers
Secretlab Chairs and accessories (the "Products") are warranted for a period of two (2) years (the "Warranty Period") against:
- missing materials from the Products at the time of delivery;
- defects in the manufacturing of materials used for the Products at the time of delivery;
- failure of the Products to correspond with the description in the applicable contract of sale at the time of delivery; and
- major defects in the functionality of hydraulics, armrests, backrest recline, and casters,
Subject to the following:
- to benefit under this warranty, Secretlab must be notified of any defect within 14 days of the occurrence of such defect via an image or video of the relevant defect sent electronically to email@example.com;
- where Secretlab has determined that a benefit under this warranty may be claimed, the costs incurred in replacing such defective part or material (including in particular the cost of materials or postage) shall be borne by Secretlab;
- any repair or replacement under this warranty is limited to the defective part or material only;
- any replacement parts shall be sent to the address of the original purchaser;
- components replaced under this warranty may vary in colour and texture to the original; and
- to the extent permitted under Australian Consumer Law, all parts replaced or repaired under this warranty shall be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period, or 30 days, whichever is longer.
What our warranty does NOT cover
For the avoidance of doubt, this warranty does not cover the following where permitted under the Australian Consumer Law:
- wear and tear of PU leather, including but not limited to cuts, scratches or damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes;
- consequential or incidental damage, whether resulting from the use, misuse, or inability to use this product or from defects in the Products;
- damage to a product that has been modified or altered without the written permission of Secretlab;
- damage caused to the Products during self-assembly due to failure to adhere to the relevant self-assembly manual instructions provided; and
- minor variations arising out of hand-made workmanship.
Secretlab reserves the right to determine whether a benefit under this warranty may be claimed. Any item requiring replacement due to any of the Exclusions will be at the purchaser’s expense. Secretlab reserves the right to decide whether a component should be repaired or replaced. Such replacement or repair is offered by Secretlab at its sole discretion, to the extent permitted under Australian Consumer Law.
This warranty is in addition to any rights a consumer may have under Australian Consumer Law. Any paragraph of this warranty which is unenforceable or void at law is to be severed and the rest of this warranty will remain in force.
This warranty will end immediately if the Product becomes defective as a consequence of misuse, lack of proper care and maintenance, or commercial-use.
This warranty applies to the original purchaser only who may not assign or transfer any benefit conferred by this warranty and a person who is not the original purchaser shall not have any right to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of these terms and conditions herein. For the purposes of any warranty protection from Secretlab, all subsequent purchasers acquire the Product "as is".
Disclaimer of all other warranties and obligations
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This warranty and Secretlab's obligations thereunder is in lieu of all other warranties (except for those provided under Australian Consumer Law, which cannot be excluded) whether expressed or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, as well as all other representations made to the original purchaser.
This warranty shall be effective for purchases of the Products as of the date of delivery.
Any queries relating to this warranty are to be sent to:
Secretlab SG Pte Ltd
994 Bendemeer Road, #05-03, Singapore 339943